Sunday – September 28, 2014
Getting Ready for Winter
I spent the weekend getting our Casita Travel Trailer ready for travel to the southwest for the winter.
- Sanitized and flushed the freshwater tank and water lines.
- Sanitized and flushed the hot water heater.
- Checked the operation of the refrigerator on propane and electric.
- Checked the tires and brought them up to the proper pressure.
- Washed and polished the trailer.
- Washed our tow vehicle.
All that remains is to load up the trailer, get an oil change for our tow vehicle and we are good to go. We plan to depart the Chicago area later this week.
We are fortunate to have one of our daughters living in our home while we are away for the winter. In the past our neighbors have kept a watchful eye on our home while we were gone, while a security camera system allowed us to view the inside and outside of our home on our laptop computer. Now that our daughter will be living there, it provides us with a higher degree of security for our home while we are away.
Tomorrow another adventure begins.