Saturday, January 3, 2015

Satellite Advantage - 01/03/15 - Quartzsite, AZ

Saturday – January 3, 2015
Satellite Advantage
Quartzsite, Arizona

This is a continuation from my December 30, 2014 post on: Dish Tailgater Antenna.

I arrived at Satellite Advantage on Saturday at 12:30 p.m. Once again, they downloaded the software onto my Dish ViP211K receiver. The receiver functioned properly when connected to one of their televisions and Dish satellite antennas. This time I had them connect my receiver to my Tailgater antenna. Sure enough, a message appeared on their television screen: No Satellites Found. The Tailgater antenna was not working and from what I understand, there is no way to repair them once they go bad. I am very disappointed with the service life on this antenna, since I purchased it new, in July 2012.

I purchased the Winegard Pathway X1 antenna. I had researched this antenna online and all of the reviews I read were very favorable. I could have purchased this same antenna from American Antenna System in Yuma, Arizona, but due to my previous disappointing visit to them, I preferred to do business with someone who was customer service oriented.

Upon my arrival back at our campsite, at the Imperial Dam, BLM, LTVA near Yuma, Arizona, I connected the television, ViP211K receiver and Pathway X1 antenna and turned on the power. Everything worked perfectly. We are once again able to watch our favorite television programs.

Tomorrow another adventure begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment