Tuesday – June 2, 2015
Buffalo Chicken Kebabs
While perusing The Chew web site recently, I came across this recipe for buffalo chicken wings with celery blue cheese salad. I decided to try it out on our COBB grill this evening.
BUFFALO CHICKEN KEBABS WITH CELERY BLUE CHEESE SALAD
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups sliced celery (peeled and then sliced 1/8 inch thick on a bias)
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves (torn)
- 1/2 cup crumbles blue cheese
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 1 hour)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned pieces in a gallon-sized bag and add the hot sauce. Seal the bag and marinate the chicken for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- The next day, remove the chicken from the fridge and allow it to rest at room temperature, for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and add about 4 pieces to each skewer. Lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Add the skewers to the grill, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Flip, recover, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove to a platter to rest for 5 minutes, tented with foil, before serving.
- Meanwhile make the salad by combining the celery, scallions, jalapenos and parsley leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold in the blue cheese.
- Serve the skewers on top or alongside the celery salad.
- Tip: Substitute your favorite marinade if you're not a buffalo sauce fan!
Here’s a video that shows how to make this delicious meal. Enjoy!
Tomorrow another adventure begins.