Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fort Meyer, Florida - 01/14/12

We departed Manatee Springs State Park at 11:30 a.m. Our destination is a Florida Wildlife Management District that offers free camping at Dinner Island Ranch, which is located about 23 miles east of Immokalee, Florida. We need to stop at the CampingWorld store in north Fort Meyers to pick up a few items first.

We arrived at the CampingWorld store at 5:25 p.m. They close at 6:00 p.m. so we had to hurry to get the items we were after. Since it was now getting dark I asked the manager of the store if we could spend the night in their parking lot. He graciously agreed to let us overnight at the store and told us other campers do it all the time.

The CampingWorld store is at Exit 139 on I-75 and at the next exit north, Exit 141, there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant, so we had dinner there. As usual, excellent food. I tried a side of turnip greens, based on my sister’s past comments to me about her favorite dish at Cracker Barrel restaurants. I must say it is definitely an acquired taste. Bless you my sister for consuming whole bowls of those greens!

Total miles traveled today: 252 miles

Tomorrow, another new adventure begins!

Click Here For More Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment